About the Job:
We’re always looking for enthusiastic and engaged people to join our team. The ideal barista is someone who is passionate about coffee, food and creating incredible guest experiences grounded in respect, empathy, and recognition. Don’t have prior coffee, food or service experience? Don’t sweat it; though that helps, it’s not all we’re looking for. We’re more interested in who you are and what you care about. The whole “what” and “how” thing comes later, and with plenty of practice.
- Passionate about coffee, food and creating hospitality experiences
- A professional – you are serious about your work but don’t take yourself too seriously
- Reliable and consistent. Your manager and teammates can always depend on you to be punctual, looking sharp in accordance with our dress code, and bringing your A game
- Obsessed with the details! You love honing your craft and understand each cup of coffee and each plate of delicious food for its individual potential
- Dedicated to your team and your guests – you understand and value empathy and use it to guide interactions on and off the job
- Deliver impeccable hospitality to our guests and your fellow teammates
- Work in a team to serve a selection of delicious sandwich and coffees in a variety of different brewing methods including but not limited to: espresso, latte and cold brew
- Stay knowledgeable about Abyss Coffee current coffee and food offerings through tastings, cuppings and information provided to you by your supervisor and manager.
- Regularly taste your and others’ coffee drinks at Abyss Coffee cafes and other locations to ensure quality, uphold our standards, and keep developing your coffee palate
- Support your team in keeping the cafe running smoothly and beautifully. These tasks may vary but can include washing dishes, clearing dishes, sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning and organizing condiment station, and taking out trash